Club meetings are held at the LCARA Clubhouse: 966 Lone Oak Rd., Longview WA. Currently, meetings are centered around different topics on Wednesday nights. The special focus meetings are a great time to learn tips and techniques about different operating modes plus practice getting on the air.
- 1st Wednesday – Cowlitz ACS Meeting at LCARA starting at 7:00pm
- 2nd Wednesday – Presentation Night at LCARA starting at 7:00pm
- 3rd Wednesday – LCARA Business Meeting at LCARA starting at 7:00pm
- 4th Wednesday – Technical Committee meeting
- 5th Wednesday – Social Night with Pot Luck Dinner and/or Deserts / Snacks at LCARA starting at 6:30pm
The December meeting is a dinner meeting and social event where no business is conducted.
Watch for updates as meeting times and dates may change because of unforeseen activities. Winter weather conditions may occasionally require a change in meeting location.
Upcoming event information will be posted here as it becomes available.
- ELT Training is to be held (tentatively) on the third Saturday of each month. If you are interested in participating, please contact Duaine, email@example.com, for more information.
ARRL Exam Schedule:
2023 LCARA Licensing Exams
All exam sessions will be held at the LCARA Clubhouse unless otherwise noted. We only take pre-registrations, no walk-ins. If you are interested, please pre-register via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feb 11, 2023, 10am - Noon
May 13, 2023, 10am - Noon
Aug 12, 2023, 10am - Noon
- Nov 18, 2023, 10am - Noon
Exam Candidates are REQUIRED to register in the FCC CORES system and receive a Federal Registration Number (FRN) before exam day.
CORES registration is done online at:
Click the "Register" button underneath "Need a Username?".
Pre-registration is required.
Contact us at email@example.com for information or to register.
- Exam Fee: $15.00 (Cash Only!)
- Exams are open to first-time licensees or upgrades:
Technician, General and Extra class exams will be given.
- Click here for information on what you'll need to bring. ARRL: What to Bring to an Exam Session
- For those wishing to upgrade their license: Bring original and photocopy of radio license, original and photocopies of pending CSCEs, picture ID, pencil(s) and a calculator (optional).
- Pre-exam study online: http://www.qrz.com/
(You have to sign up for a free account to access the practice exams, but this is a website you'll probably want to join anyway once you're licensed.)
Additional exam sessions at the LCARA clubhouse can be arranged if there is sufficient interest. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
Exam Results: Welcome New Hams and License Upgrades!
- VE Exam on August 12, 2023 resulted in three new Technicians and one new General. Congratulations!
W7DG Business Meeting Minutes (PDF files):